A healthy non-dairy milk is quite simple to make from a variety of nuts or seeds. I usually use almonds or pumpkin seeds. Here is the straight forward process I use to make some delicious and creamy pumpkin seed milk:
- Soak the seeds in water over night
- Drain the water the seeds were soaked in
- Blend the seeds with coconut water
- Strain milk with a cheese cloth or paint strainer by squeezing it through much like milking a cow… (You can get paint strainer bags that are perfect for this purpose at the hardware store for dirt cheap.)
- The pumpkin seed pulp that was strained out in step 4 can be mixed with oil, salt and spices to create a mouth watering pate´to dip chips or celery in.
I use the exact same process to make almond milk, and almond pate´is also very tasty. Enjoy!
Note: the coconut water gives it a natural sweetness, although if you use regular water you may want to add some dates or sweetener.